Ready to participate in a global contest? Try out for Google Cloud Developer Challenge.
Developers in 6 regions across the world will win prizes that include Android devices and up to $20,000 USD. We are also highlighting innovations of students and female developers! All you have to do is build and submit an amazing application in one of these categories:
- Enterprise/Small Business Solutions , Education, Not for Profit
- Social / Personal Productivity/Games / Fun
A winner will be chosen for each category, in each region — 12 prizes in total. Need some further inspiration? Checkout last year’s winners
The first round of submissions closes November 21, 2013.
Ateneo de Davao tech briefing invitation
APOLLO TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Invites you to a Technology Briefing on
Enterprise Applications and the Cloud Infrastructure:
Technologies & Trends
This briefing covers topics on the relevant technologies and trends using Cloud Infrastructure to meet the demands and requirements of Enterprise Applications. The briefing shall touch on:
– What is the Cloud?
– Open Source Cloud Infrastructure
– Requirements of Enterprise Applications
– Proven Approach
- Automated Failover: Heartbeat
- Load balancer: Apache2 or Nginx
- Application Severs: Apache Tomcat or Jetty
- Distributed Session Store: memcache
- Database Cluster: Mysql cluster
Apollo Technologies shall also share information on Cloud-based applications in real world enterprises and communities. It shall share its experience in successfully building:-
- A real-time supply chain solution for 7-Eleven, the world’s largest convenience store chain
- A mission-critical trade system that handles processing for the Bureau of Customs and the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA)
- An innovative electronic payment system that handles myriad of payment options
Mr. Gary Lauriano, President, and Mr. Jessie Evangelista, Chief Technology Officer, shall conduct the Briefing.
Apollo Technologies is also looking to establish a presence in Davao by April 2012. The Briefing would provide an opportunity to ask the President and the CTO about available opportunities for projects and long-term employment.
The Briefing shall be held on January 27, 2012 at F607 from 3:40-5:00pm.